We can’t even remember where this delicious basic biscuit recipe came from. It’s possible it was a friend of the family or from one of the hundreds of cookbooks we have devoured over time. Wherever it was born, we’re very grateful as this basic cookie recipe delivers the goods every single time without fail. Use this biscuit recipe just on it’s own, or add a thumb indent in the top of the cookies and fill with jam, or add chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts for a delicious treat, or add oats and diced dates for a more wholesome cookie. Whatever you choose to do with these yummy morsels, do try them just warm! They rock.
Basic Biscuit Recipe
- 5 cups self raising flour
- 500g softened unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tin condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and butter into the dry ingredients and mix. Get messy!
- When all of the ingredients have formed a dough, roll into balls and add to greased trays.
- Use a fork to slightly flatten the top of the biscuits.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the tops of the biscuits are golden.
- Place on wire racks and try to resist eating before they are cool to the touch.
These delicious biscuits are one we whip out for school fetes, presents and gifts for Easter, Christmas and other other holidays, as well as every day lunch box treats. Yummo! Please share how you use our basic biscuit recipe in your home.